Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's Next?

Really, what's next? In light of the course completion and resulting post-course depression, I have pondered that question. I asked a few artist friends. I got lots of good advice and one intriguing thought--try doing something completely different.

In a couple of months, I plan to take Cornell's watercolor course. Before long, the local flora will be exploding, bringing to me loads of subjects for drawings and photos and research. But right now, for something completely different (although a friend giggled how I could consider this completely different), join me for a foray into calligraphy.

I picked up these instruments and links for a few web sites to get me started. There's a book on the way although it may not arrive for a couple of weeks. More on all this with tomorrow's post! :-)




And for something else a bit different,I'd like to share with you a couple of blog links:

Happy Healthy Long Life inspires me to take better care of myself. I've been subscribed to this fascinating blog for months.

Just today I came across Bedroom secrets in an article from Art Knowledge News, another of my daily subscriptions. Follow the restoration of Van Gogh's "The bedroom".

And lastly, a special welcome to my fellow Cornell students! :-) I recently posted a blog invite on our course forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment