Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Signs of Spring

On my lake shoots, there is only one way out and back. I was just about to turn back when I came across two signs of Spring.

Brambles leafing out...























And a bumblebee...Of the genus Bombus, species a head-scratcher at this time. But I couldn't resist throwing that name around... Bombus just sounds so cool.

















Don't worry, it's very much alive. It had been buzzing all around and decided to take a break right in front of me. When I tried to lift him on a twig for a better shot... Bzzzz... He was off again! I promise to have bees in flight. It's just not the same when they're only hanging around, is it?


I try to plan ahead with my posts, setting a few out in advance for insurance. Even so, I still want to add a bit with today's post. A short session on the deck a few moments ago gave me these little ones--a chipmunk collecting nesting materials and a pair of Mallard Ducks paddling though the swamp.























No comments:

Post a Comment