Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HeliconFocus Comparison

I recently tinkered with HeliconFocus, using the same six photos from the Photoshop focus adventure (in the Multi Layer Focusing post).

I've found the results from both methods quite similar. Of course, my tests are rather willy-nilly. I have no idea what I'm doing or why--simply following instructions and/or using default values. If I got into the why's of both methods and worked to produce the best image possible using various sets of images, well, that would be some fine testing. Alas, neither time nor ambition are with me.

At some point, I can imagine having real need for this technique and that might drive me to greater exploration. But for now, I'm done here and flitting off to the next topic, whatever that will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment