Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shelf Fungus

Here's what I think is a Shelf Fungus. It seems that I just keep stepping into the unknown--first the mosses...then unidentified twigs sprouting leaves... to my right is an indoor garden in the making.






















There's poison ivy vine firmly rooted to this swamp maple's bark. And, of course, some ever-present wisteria vine that the fungus has grown around.

Real fungus identification will be back-burnered for now as I first try to work through my local mosses--hopefully more on them soon with species closeups and a new book review. I've been rather under the weather lately and although that does free up a lot of time, I find that I simply can't concentrate. Although...I did get in a bit of testing with my new lens. It's heavy but I'm liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment