Monday, May 17, 2010

Mixing Exercise 30

Exercise 30 - The complementary pair, red and green, with violet-red and yellow-green. Permanent Rose, Winsor Lemon, and Cerulean Blue.

Tomorrow's exercise will the last in the series of mixes involving only the six colors--Cadmium Scarlet, Permanent Rose, French Ultramarine, Cerulean Blue, Winsor Lemon and Cadmium Yellow. (That is, except for Exercise 9 with the Pthalo Blue.)

The six additional pigments to be included in the remaining mixes are Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Pthalo Green, Pthalo Blue, and Titanium White.

There are fifty exercises in all and I expect to wrap them up just in time for the start of the Cornell watercolor course.

With all my tubes of paint, I was surprised to find that I was without a Raw Sienna. Here's how I decided to fill in that blank. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment