Friday, May 14, 2010

Mixing Exercise 27

Exercise 27 - The complementary pair, red and green, with violet-red and mixed green. Permanent Rose, Winsor Lemon, and Cerulean Blue.

Wow, what beautiful mixes! I just love these center colors. I've been altering my mixes. Instead of simply watering down the mix each time for each square, I'm washing in a few at a time and glazing over to grade them out. It makes things a bit easier to control but I must remember to wait until a square is quite dry before trying to glaze. Otherwise, I might be likely to lift the pigments rather than apply more.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh! This chart is my favorite one; love it!
    ~gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Making Colors Sing helped to remind me about glazing. I felt a bit like I was cheating by applying multiple washes rather than adjusting my mix for each progressively lighter square. However, it sure seems like an effective technique...

    ReplyDelete