Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dry Brush

I did get in a bit of dry brush last evening and more this evening.

But before we get to the results, I must tell you about a recent and exciting development. One of my fellow students digs her very own earth colors from the Appalachia region of North Carolina. We have exchanged a number of messages on the topic with her providing pictures and ending with an offer to send me some of her earth pigments! I'd been thinking about trying my hand at mulling my own watercolors from a Natural Pigments kit and now it's going to happen. There will be a bit of delay as she sends up the earths, the kit comes back into stock, and the course wraps up. So, an apres course activity is set. I've actually another activity lined up; more on that later...


No comments:

Post a Comment