Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mixing Exercise 5

A link to my botanical illustration course posts is now featured on Cornell's registration page . Included is one of my drawings, my favorite submission. I will soon be signing up for the watercolor course starting on June 7 and will naturally be blogging it all out right here! :-)

Exercise 5 - Grayed greens with orange-yellow and violet-blue. Cadmium Yellow and French Ultramarine.


It is suggested that one think about where each mix might be used so I'm thinking mostly about botanical style paintings. The violets, well, I thought of rhododendron and azalea flowers. Violets and pansies too. These greens and blues, so many possibilities... Foliage. Perhaps shadows. It seems to me that there is an incredibly rich range with these two pigments.

No comments:

Post a Comment