Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mixing Exercise 1

Exercise 1 - Grayed violets with orange-red and green-blue. That is, Cadmium Scarlet and Cerulean Blue. As expected, violets are quite muted. Moving to the blue side brought up some nice-looking slate colors.




Being my first exercise, its no surprise that I'll be making changes to the chart layout. Most important is to leave a border as my scanner doesn't seem to scan all the way to the edge. The paper fits but that machine doesn't want to go there.

Another thing is that I will try to really take my time on each chart to feel the mixes. I think for my first time through, I had some amorphous goal of quick completion.

The middle mixes with the lightest washes were interesting. While I was laying them down I only saw one color. Upon drying out, it appears that the cerulean blue precipitated out and clumped up as well. (Click on the image for a better view. I will make the images larger on remaining exercises.)

I'll post each exercise upon completion just to keep myself organized. Some days that might mean more that one post. Hopefully today will be one of those days! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment