Sunday, April 19, 2009

Green Updates


Although I am still collecting dried specimens from last year's life cycle, this year's new nature is visibly stirring.

Raspberry is leafing out with vigor.





















Mullein is greening up and throwing off new leaves at a growing pace. The wintered over basal leaves of this biennial will be hosting a tall flower spike and we'll get to see the progress during the coming months.
















I don't yet have an identity for this little one. I'm going to dig into The Field Book of American Wild Flowers. (Thanks to Gretchen for the recommendation!) It's really a whole new world for me--a world of green, that is. Bushes are budding out and little plants are breaking ground and I have much research ahead--just the way I like it!
















These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper, but minds alive on the shelves.
~Gilbert Highet

No comments:

Post a Comment