Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Layers in Watercolor

Here's a first cut at my second try with rosemary, this time in watercolor. What a blast! Just a bit Green Gold and French Ultramarine Blue in light mixes. Such a distinct pleasure to again try this medium. Oh, and so easy. I walked away from a mix for an hour and came back to no change, just ready for more. Awesome.

No, this doesn't mean I am scrambling my remaining eggs. Just ready for a bit of a change. And who knows, this painting may turn out to be a keeper. ;-)





2 comments:

  1. Ah, the lovely appeal of that fresh scented herb makes me think about having a go here too. The drawing is beautiful before you get started on the watercolour.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it cool how the simple line can be so satisfying? Still, it's fun to be again with watercolor!

    ReplyDelete