Monday, October 31, 2011

Noah's Garden


One of the ASBA Conference presentations involved learning to recognize ecosystems--the plants, insects and animals and their dependencies. Bringing it home was a recommendation for Noah's Garden. With technology being what it is today, I was able to order the book from Amazon on my iPad via the hotel's wifi while the presentation was under way! 

This book a story of how the author built up her few acres with natural plantings rather than a general how to. There are a series of appendices that detail plants for butterflies (other pollinators missing) and larvae and berrying plants. There's also a list of helpful books.

I've been thinking for some time of natural planting my little yard and perhaps next year will be my opportunity. Actually I am part way there with a few hollies and crabapples. There will be plenty of time to plan as the snow flies this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment