Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feedback and New Assignment

Feedback on the English Ivy piece submitted Monday evening came in Tuesday morning. I got a good grade and a bit of guidance. I'm asked to look closely at my subject and see if I can notice that some leaf edges are really thicker than others. Yes, now I can see that! Where the leaf edges are more or less straight on, or where the edge turns up on a curve, they are definitely thicker. I'll quote just a bit from Marcia's feedback, "Varying the line will bring an energy and vibrancy to your work...the variation is what will make it feel like art!" I like that thought. And...I just noticed that the title of this week's work is "Observation of Art in Nature".

Here are my first blind contour exercises. Beauties, aren't they? :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment