Monday, November 23, 2009

Meadowsweet

You know those days when you just feel chilled? With sundown coming so early, I don't get out for after-work shooting. So although that does put the pressure on to get out on weekends, this chilly Sunday I opted for a short ride to the back of the lake for a bit of Meadowsweet.

First a couple of shots for that chilled mood...





I was so pleased to find Meadowsweet still holding leaves and the seed pods in various states of change, and glad I made the effort, even though I could have been content to stay in, warm and cozy.








2 comments:

  1. I for one, am so glad that you "made the effort" to go find your meadowsweet- there is such a poignant beauty in the fading and withered flora this time of year, and you certainly have captured it. Actually yesterday I did the same as you, only I focused my attention on super macro shots of milkweed pods. Then it was home for a nice hot cup of tea!
    ~gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gretchen. :-)

    I really like what 400mm can do, even if it's not my crispest lens. Of course, in fairness to the lens, I really should have it on a tripod.

    ReplyDelete