Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yellow Warbler

The Yellow Warbler, Dendroica petechia, is supposedly a common migratory bird. But if so, how come I've never seen one until recently? When I first spotted this little beauty, I thought it was an escaped canary!

I believe this one to be a male, based on the distinct brown lines on his chest. The females' will be fewer and fuzzier.

These first four shots were from my initial encounter.








This one was taken in the same area, just across the street, a few days later.


I've spotted what looks to be young Yellow Warblers at the far end of the lake but they were just too fast for me.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, your killing me- these are just tooo beautiful!! WOW!!
    ~gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! So glad you're liking them. That's it--no more birds...for now. Although...I just got back from an adventure finding lots of Canada Geese and their tiny little ones.

    ReplyDelete