Friday, May 15, 2009

Royal Fern

There's something about ferns that draws me in. Maybe it's how they fiddlehead up into full-sailed masts.



Or how they do so well standing in water.


Or that they have been around since prehistoric time.


Whatever. I probably have more shots of ferns than any other subject. As I improve my identifications and better understand their life cycles, I'd like to do up a fuller length article--something outside the blog format.

Besides a fuller length piece, I've had the intent to put together a few online galleries. All this stuff needs a dedicated launch point, something that's coming slowly. But until then, the beat goes on, so here's my first experimental gallery.

2 comments:

  1. lovely detail! just catching up with your blog.. more soon Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val! :-)

    Ferns are just so cool...

    ReplyDelete