Thursday, January 15, 2009

Something Not Frozen


It's cold and getting colder. I'm running out of material and this weather, this weather... There are workarounds. I've been wanting to list my books with reviews and will probably hibernate and work on that over the weekend.

But for today, here's an unknown bush, one that I should be able to identify with just a twig to help. But until then, we can simply enjoy this for the sake of Something Not Frozen!






Yes! I just found this accompanying shot. (Makes me think that some organization is needed. Okay, dismiss that thought for now...) It's a flower or seed head that I closed in on. Perhaps you can notice at the top center to right of the above shot, the little bent over twigs with a spot at the ends. Yep, that's it. (Oops, it's upside down in relation to the top shot. Creative license...that sounds good.) I'd like to grab one of them when I get a twig. Some controlled indoor shots would be a lot of fun!

Update: See the Jan 16 post for more on this identification of Buttonbush, Cephalanthus occidentalis.

No comments:

Post a Comment