Friday, January 27, 2012

What's up

Wow, it's been a while since the last post. The new Hammond keyboard has been holding my interest--so many buttons and controls to learn, as well as getting mesmerized with the sonic possibilities. The keyboard action is a delight, just the right amount of springiness. The keys are set up to support glissandos so easily.

Snow from the two previous storms has all washed away. Heavy rains and warm temps are back with no snow in sight. Is this really winter?

Today begins my Cornell botanical illustration class. I will dig into first exercises this evening and begin posting results soon. It's a smallish class of five students and beginning slowly with only two of us checking in so far.

3 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that your keyboard arrived and that it is everything you'd hoped for (and more, it sounds like!). As far as snow/winter- we are the same up here too- in fact, last week would have been our traditional Ice Day on the lake (cutting & harvesting the ice) but it was moved to tomorrow in hopes of better conditions; just last night the decision was made to cancel yet again as the ice is just not safe enough to support that many people in one spot. Such a strange winter.
    Hope your Cornell classwill prove to be lots of fun!
    ~ gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. me again..(sorry!) but I just wanted to share a current "nature observation": there are at least 30 robins hopping around my yard this very minute- in January!! There could very well be more, but they are too active to accurately count. I never see this many all together even in spring; how odd!
    ~ gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder what brings them to band together like that? I see it occasionally here but more towards spring.

    Ya, the lake is nearly ice free here. To me the days are noticeably longer and the sunlight has more strength. Could be wishful thinking as I think about starting seeds--way too soon and I do this every year I plant!

    Last night I got a small start on my first exercise. It's graphite based and I'm going to mix a bit of Munsell in with it, just for fun.

    ReplyDelete