Between being a bit under the weather and struggling with a gall specimen, I didn't get in much drawing of substance. But I did recognize that I'd need a really tight point for some sharp-edged shadows. This evening I picked up a hundred pack of razors and some 600 grit sandpaper. I wasn't sure about the grit grade--I want to make a fine point without loading the paper. The 600 makes an awesome point and I'm not sure yet how quickly this paper will fill in. Sometime I may try out 400 and 320 grit but for now I couldn't be more content with my new sharpening aid.
After a few days with the Canson and Strathmore papers, I really enjoyed going back to the Stonehenge. I'm using only pads so far but I think I want to try out some sheets of Stonehenge--it comes in some nice-looking colors.
A new entry for the art library arrived today: Leonardo Da Vinci: 1452-1519: The Complete Paintings and Drawings. I'll be up late tonight! :-)