Friday, June 8, 2012

Exploring PR264

I've been checking out my newly mulled Irgazine Ruby. I tried stringing out the pigment with Lead White and Raw Umber Dark. For previous charts I've created lower values with black but recently read that dark umbers might pull less of a hue shift with yellows, oranges and reds.

I used a heavily umber-laden mix for those deep shadows in the rose petals. I also applied lots of glazing as well, finding real joy in slowly laying in transparent glazes of studio oil mixed with aged linseed. This might be too fat a medium and I'll be looking into glazing recipes. It's all new to me at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment