Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

After a few months of introspection, I think I'm back. More on the details in upcoming posts but for now I'd like to share inspiration by way of my teacher, my mentor. Some time ago she was standing over me and quoted while I worked through an old master design exercise:

"Begin by adorning yourself with these vestments: Love, Reverence, Obedience, and Constancy."

Cennino d'Andrea Cennini 1370-1440

You know those moments when time disappears and your art is really working? That quote reminds me of this.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent ! A Very Happy Christmas and may the New Year bring many more inspirational muses to your door.. V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, John. -- Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Val! And a Very Happy Christmas to you and Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Joyce! Loved your ice cube recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete